Addiction, also known as substance use disorder, is a chronic disease. It affects a person’s thinking and behavior, leading to an inability to control the use of a substance – often legal or illegal drugs, alcohol, or even prescribed medication.
What are the symptoms?
- Feeling that you have to use the substance regularly — this could be daily or several times a day.
- Taking a substance more often and in higher quantities than intended.
- A desire to reduce use without success.
- Needing more of the substance to get the same effect.
- Spending money on the substance, even though you can’t afford it.
- Not meeting obligations and responsibilities.
- Doing things that you normally wouldn’t do, such as stealing, to get more of the substance.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop using.
We can help
If your substance use, or a loved one’s use of alcohol or drugs is keeping you from being healthy, interfering with work or family life, CODA can help. Please reach out to start your journey of recovery today.
We treat the following Substance Use Disorders:
- Cocaine, including Crack
- Methamphetamines (Meth)
- Opioids and other prescription medications
Patient, Portland Recovery Center
“CODA staff welcomed me with open arms and I felt HOPE! I left knowing that I found people who truly cared. I found a place that I wasn’t just another number or statistic, but a person.”